Saturday, August 06, 2011

*whispers* Umar



I will whisper your name.
You
With the young wrinkled face
Susceptible to illnesses at slight provocation
Tossing us into utter chaos and pandemonium
With constant fainting spells.

 
I will whisper your name.
The unfocused, indecisive and adamant
Come! Pray! Tell!
Who be the head? (or shall I say “was”)
You, the man-wife
or She, the wife-man?
 

I will whisper your name.
The shoddiest of guinea pigs
The advocate’s play thing
With your supposed supportive neck,
Spinning you till your sight be out of the focus it be in.
You had the least luck of all those who have inhabited
Though you was seconded by Noluck in goodlock clothing.

 
I hear shouts:
Allah akbar!
May allah be praised!
I think of what to say,
I think, “Rest in Bliss”
But I don’t say.
Instead, I whisper your name:
“Umar Musa Yar’adua”

No comments:

Post a Comment