Friday, October 21, 2011

I REALISE……….

I know quite a lot of things but I am yet to realise quite a lot too. For instance, I know God is wonderful in the way He designed the mother-conception and baby growth cycle. However, I just realised just how wonderful it really is. It was like it just dawned on me.

Related imageIn the same way, I have always known that we do not all have the same level of intelligence or depth of thinking which is probably due to our differences in background, level of education and exposure, genetic make-up, amongst other things. Yet, I have never been able to realise exactly why some people are not so intelligent.

At the risk of seeming arrogant, I feel like it’s just so unfair to the rest of us, being saddled with the responsibility of resorting to simplistic conversations. Now I’m not claiming to be one of the most intelligent people in the world (but how much more intelligent can you get anyway???). Anyway, that’s not really my grouse.

Why the **** do people ask questions with obvious answers? Yeah, you share my rage? Thank you then. Good to know I’m not alone in this!

Oh here’s one! I was chilling with my colleague today, gisting him about how hard life was as a corper, having to sometimes live on N500 for two or even three days (I’m not making that up).

“Seyi have you finished service?” he asked.

I just froze. I could hear him asking again and calling my name but all I did was stare.

I really didn’t mean to be rude but I suddenly felt like I had been transported to another island even though we were still in close range. It was like an invisible barrier had been drawn up in the instant he asked that question.

I had the answer to his question at the tip of my tongue but it seemed the no-dumb-questions climate of my lone island stopped me from finding my voice or even opening my mouth.

Finally, he gave up and went back to playing his game while I made a mental note of my responsibility to my fellow human brothers- simplistic conversations!

1 comment:

  1. U are just a rubbish gurl! But, I'll have to agree with U on this.....some peeps are just plain dumb &I can't understand why :(

    ReplyDelete