Wednesday, July 20, 2011

BOW YOUR HEART

John 4:24  .....and they that worship Him shall worship Him in spirit and in truth.




I have a thirst
Perhaps an insatiable one at any rate
It is a deep longing
A yearning so strong, so consuming
That it continuously sucks me in

It sucks me into His sanctuary
It reels me in to His presence
It pulls me from the very essence of my core
Causing me to raise my hands today
Making me, tomorrow, kneel
And the next, to lay prostrate


It's really not about the song
The words may not even matter much
Of most importance is meaning those words
And singing from a heart bowed in reverence

More than adhering to moral codes
Is merely wanting to be to please Him
More than work
He desires walk
More than anything, He desires you
And more than desiring you
He desires that you desire Him fiercely

Bow your heart!

2 comments: